10 Inspirational Quotes About Reaching Your Goals
The biggest unanswerable question roaming around anyone’s mind is, “What do I want?” Figuring this out is the first step in identifying reachable goals, but this can be a tricky question to answer. For those who are unsure of what you want, it might help to hear what other successful people have to say about reaching their goals to inspire you to reach your own.
1. “Before anything else, preparation is the key to success.”
This inventor had it right. He did not successfully invent the first telephone without preparation. The same goes for reaching your goals.
2. “Begin with the end in mind.”
It helps to have an idea of what you want the outcome to be. Puzzles give you the finished result before you even begin working on it. When the writer of “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” gives advice, you listen.
3. “If a goal is worth having, it’s worth blocking out the time in your day to day life necessary to achieve it.”
Like Stephen Covey said, goals cannot be achieved without putting forth effort. America’s Top Goals Coach at LiveYourDreams.com, Jill Koenig, says that goals are accomplished through dedicating the necessary time. It takes both time and effort.
4. “A goal is a dream with a deadline.”
The word “goal” can seem like an intimidating task while the word “dream” seems unreachable. Both words can be interchangeable. Your dreams can be reached when you identify your goal and work hard to reach it.
5. “Without goals, and plans to reach them, you are like a ship that has set sail with no destination.
A captain never sets sail without a destination and a map. You are the captain of your life. Don’t set a goal without following a map to reach it. The winds may help you at times, but only you can control the path the ship takes.
6. “If you’re bored with life - you don’t get up every morning with a burning desire to do things - you don’t have enough goals.
There’s nothing like a sports coach delivering an inspirational speech to get you to win the game. In this game called life, Lou Holtz, an American football player and coach, will get anyone motivated to reach their goals through this quote.
7. “Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.”
So build that bridge to get over it...to reach your goals.
8. “Know what you want to do, hold the thought firmly, and do every day what should be done, and every sunset will see you that much nearer to your goal.”
Start your day by realizing what you want to get done and do it. Like Elbert Hubbard says, hold on to that thought until sunset. Having your mind focus on your goals from the moment you wake up to the moment you lay your head on your pillow at night, you’ll feel accomplished and be that much closer to reaching your end goal.
9. “Most impossible goals can be met simply by breaking them down into bite size chunks, writing them down, believing them and going full speed ahead as if they were routine.”
Daily journaling is a great way to figure out what you want your goals to be, focus on them, and chunk out your day so that you can accomplish them.
10. “If you want to reach a goal, you must see the reaching in your mind before you actually arrive at your goals.”
Without the right mindset, you won’t be able to accomplish your goals. It starts with the mindset to influence your behavior to turn your ideas to actions.
Make reaching your goals a reality!